Bachelor of Physical Education (BPED) is a program aimed at physical literacy, which serves as the foundation of confidence, enjoyable, and sustained participation in a wide range of physical activities. As a teaching profession, PE is a seamless activity of designing and delivering activities, providing quality instruction, managing the classroom, and assessing student learning, modeling as well as mentoring range of disability categories.
- Physical Education Teacher in Basic Education
- Dance and Sports Club Moderator
- School-based Sports Program and Events Moderator/Coordinator
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Practice professional and ethical requirements of the teaching profession by being positive and powerful role models to their student and the community. Practice the profession as licensed physical education teachers, fitness instructors in fitness centers, clubs and gyms.
- Demonstrate professionalism and qualities of good leadership in various aspects of physical education and other related programs that will contribute to the holistic development of an individual and society;
- Develop understanding of the scope and sequence of various movement forms as well as elements, strategies and tactics of various movements in a multitude of settings through continues academic pursuit.
PO1-Disciplinal Knowledge: Apply scientific and evidence-based practices critical to the educational and learning processes.
PO2-Movement and Competency and Proficiency:
- Demonstrate skillful performance in a variety of physical activities.
- Adapt performance to variety of physical activity settings: (e.g. formal classes, recreational, and competitive)
PO3-Curriculum and Program Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Critically examine the curriculum (e.g. content, pedagogy and assessments) and program, and enhance (e.g. innovate) them necessarily.
- Plan and implement safe and effective physical activity programs to address the needs of individual and groups in school and/or non-school settings.
- Monitor and evaluate physical activity programs in school and/or non-school settings.
- Use appropriate assessments in, as and for student or client learning.
- Use information, media and technology in pedagogy and for lifelong learning.
PO4-Professional Accountability and Responsibility:
- Demonstrate firm work/professional ethics.
- Cultivate solidarity by working and dealing with/relating to others harmoniously.
- Promote the advancement of the profession by making sense of and getting involved in current discourse that impact on the profession.
- Pursue lifelong learning for personal and professional development
- Communicate effectively with PE practitioners, other professionals and stakeholders.
- Use oral, written, and technology formats deftly.