The Knowledge Management Services manages a well-organized and directed program of the institution’s knowledge programs. It shall consist of the science research specialists/assistants, management information system personnel, college statistician and pool of writers in various disciplines. It is headed by the Knowledge Management Coordinator that also acts as the Institutional Research Coordinator.
Functions of the Knowledge Management Services:
- Accepts research proposals in its prescribed format which are aligned to the research and development agenda.
- Prepares the memorandum of agreement (MOA) for both external and institutional funded researches.
- Receives and recommends participations of accepted papers for presentations in recognized conferences, fora and symposia in the regional, national, and international levels.
- Monitor regularly and provide database of the approved researches.
- Prepare and organize the research activities such as the in-house review of researches, capability building, seminars, workshops, trainings and the likes.
- Mobilizes participation in research exhibits/ posters of research outputs in exhibits and competitions.
- Identify research outputs for utilization and technology transfer e.g. instruction, extension, production, policy enhancements, and patent applications for research outputs and inventions.
- Provide documents and information to the Quality Assurance Office during the AACCUP accreditation, ISO, ISA, SUC levelling, DBM requirements, CHED requirements, and others.
- Packages documents relevant to various accreditation such as AACCUP, ISO, ISA, SUC levelling, DBM requirements, CHED requirements, and others.
- Performs and manages the statistical computation, presentation, and interpretation of both the institutional and externally funded R&D projects.
- Assists and helps faculty-researchers in developing research proposals, data gathering and in preparing completed researches for publications in recognized and reputable journals.