The Camarines Sur Polytechnic Colleges (CSPC) reaped awards in the 2022 Bicol Skills Competition organized by the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), which was held on September 21-23, 2022 at San Francisco Institute of Science and Technology, Malilipot, Albay.
With the theme, “Matibay na Bicolano, Orgulyo sa Bilog na Mundo,” the skills competition aims to foster skill excellence. It allows young people to compete and demonstrate their skills in specific occupational skills through task and industry-based scenarios. It motivates young people to strive towards greater heights by assisting them in turning their passion into a career.
In the said competition, Team CSPC garnered a total of 9 golds, 3 silvers, 2 bronzes, and 1 Medallion of Excellence from 15 trade areas.
The CSPC team includes:
- Ken Horlador (Graphics Design Technology)
- Cristian Lasaruz V. Asanza (Electrical Installation)
- Kharl Fortuno Retuerma (Cyber Security)
- Christian Jay V. Tibi (Cloud Computing)
- Francis Arroyo (IT Network Cabling)
- Mark Julius Maravillo (IT Network Administration)
- John Mark Peñales (Mobile App Development)
- Jeremy Jucel Azur (3D Digital Gaming Art)
- Ralph Rolando M. Republo (Mechanical Engineering CAD)
- Don John Daryl Curativo (Web Technology)
- Chasfer Jay M. Casin (Restaurant Services)
- Janelle F. Arines (Hotel Reception)
- Peal Bianca Folloso (Bakery)
- Emmar Caber (IT Software Solution for Business)
Medallion of Excellence
- John Franco B. Duran (Cookery)
The competition’s gold medalists will undergo additional training to prepare them to represent the Bicol Region in the forthcoming 2022 National Skills Competition this coming November.
The annual skills competition conducted by the TESDA is embedded in the TESDA Act of 1994, particularly Section 30, which states that TESDA, with the active participation of private industries, shall organize annual skills Olympics to promote quality skills development in the country and the view of participating in international skills competitions.
TheSPARK would like to congratulate the CSPC representatives who won the recently concluded competition, particularly Ken Horlador, TheSPARK’s Layout Editor.
Words by Jericho Dagami / TheSPARK