The Camarines Sur Polytechnic Colleges envisions itself as a regional center for educational and technological innovation and utilization through its Research Division by engaging more vigorously in relevant and developmental research, extension and production activities along science and technology and on areas within its resource capabilities, that will harness the development of the community for productivity, self-reliance and the effective utilization of the natural resources within its service area and the region.
- To institutionalize and integrate research programs/activities in all academic departments of the College primarily to address the thrusts on quality and excellence, relevance and responsiveness, and efficiency and effectiveness through a functional research program for regional development.
- To chart an institution/individual research capability program.
- To make an inventory of and analyze human and material resources as bases for determining capabilities and needs.
- To formulate priorities/programs in technological research and innovation, anchored on the strategies identified in the Medium Term Development Plan (MTDP), and the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) for energy and food security, entrepreneurship, employment generation and poverty alleviation.
- To establish social mechanism for assuring that research results and outputs reach supposed beneficiaries and end-users.
- To develop strong internal and external linkages.
- To formulate and implement evaluation criteria for appraising Research and Development input and output.
- To undertake research on extension and rural community development for the purpose of discovering ways of accelerating the socio-economic programs and more equitable distribution of wealth in the rural areas.
- To improve the present statistical database for all research thrusts through well-coordinated data banking, monitoring, retrieval, analysis, recording and processing programs.
Engr. Edna P. Montañez
Director, Research Services